Here is additional information related to specific practice areas in criminal defense. We do try to keep this information current but also have a busy practice. For the most accurate and current information call or email us today. 253-203-1645 or James@smithandwhite.com.
- DUI Defense
- Field Sobriety Tests—The coordination tests taken in the field.
- Breath Test Defense—The official breath test taken at the station.
- Driver’s License Suspension—An automatic consequence, unless your challenge it, of refusing the breath test or blowing over .08.
- Tacoma Attorneys for a Second or Third Offense DUI—The minimum penalty goes up substantially with each prior.
- Felony DUI Charges—With enough priors your DUI becomes a felony.
- Drug-Related DUI—Any substance, even prescription medication, can support a DUI.
- DUI Accidents—Accidents raise the stakes and the likely sentence but sometimes create proof problems for the prosecution.
- DUI Go Away—Many attorneys promise to make your DUI go away but statistically that is not true.
- Washington State DUI Hearings—This is the hearing to contest the automatic suspension of your license.
- Washington State DUI Process—An overview of what you are going through.
- Washington DUI Penalties—The sanctions for DUIs.
- DUI Laws in Washington—Some specifics as to Washington.
- Tacoma DUI Defense & Pierce County DUI Defense—Some specifics as to Tacoma and Pierce County.
- Kitsap County—Some Specifics as to Kitsap County.
- Ignition Interlock License—A way to still drive even if your license is suspended.
- DUI Client To Do List If You Wish To Have Your Charge Reduced Or To Minimize Your Sentence—The prosecutor will only consider reducing the charge if you complete this list.
- Court – DUI Sentencing Grid—The legal sentencing grid created by the Washington State Court.
- Domestic Violence—Many crimes can be labeled domestic violence. Some do not involve violence.
- Assault and Self Defense—Self-defense is one of the best defenses to assault.
- Drug Crimes “VUCSA”—Mere possession, even without knowing, is a crime.
- Drug Asset Forfeiture Defense—The government is aggressively seizing property. How to get yours back.
- Felonies & Misdemeanors—The classes of crimes.
- Military Personnel Defense—Criminal charges can have significant impact on military personnel.
- Weapons Charges—Mr. Smith is a leading expert in Firearm law.
- Expunging Records—This is having the record of a dismissed case removed from your record. Vacate is changing a conviction to a dismissal.
- Restoring Civil Rights—Getting your right to vote and/or carry firearms back.
- Federal Criminal Defense—Federal Court is an entirely different system.
The days when the lawyer had a corner office and could answer all questions related to the law are long gone. The law has grown in practice areas and complication. Lawyers are expected to know greater and greater detail and specifics related to the law and the facts of their case. As such, most lawyers now practice in only 1 or two fields.
Some lawyers only practice DUI. DUI is a complicated field of law that is a subcategory of criminal defense. At Smith & White, PLLC, we practice both criminal defense and DUI law. With a team of lawyers and dedicated staff, we are able to keep abreast of all the new developments and defenses in DUI law. Additionally, sometimes new developments and defenses in criminal defense in general also should be used for DUI defense. For example, prosecutorial misconduct and pre-accusatorial delay are general criminal defense issues that could be raised on a DUI case.